Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Fresh Meat Fresh Beats: Yo Yo Picasso.

For the last few months my twitter timeline has been filled with one name: Yo Yo Picasso. At first I was thinking, "Oh gosh. Someone else thinks they can rap..." In my mind I felt since the recession is in full effect, everyone is trying to find I hustle. However I felt something was different about him because I heard so many good things. I decided to follow my intuition and clicked on the link to one of his songs and I could only think of one word to describe it (even if I made it up):



AWESOMENESS!!!


It was so good, I clicked on another then another realizing, I like his flow.



Just like his name, his rap is abstract as well as his videos, such as "Love You to Death." This controversial video may not be for MTV Jams or BET to air, but hey it's appealing for youtube viewers such as myself.



If you aren't really into the anger and pain, he has a song for you as well. The song "Do to You" by King Heartbreaker featuring Yo Yo Picasso is a smooth song. It kind of gives you that Frank Ocean meets Blackstreet feel with the crooning sounds of King Heartbreaker. The visual lyrics that Picasso brings are sensual and artistic.



Born Antonio Cedric Crump Jr,, Picasso is a native of Memphis, Tennessee. He now resides in Atlanta,Georgia. He holds many titles: event planner,promoter, actor, hiphop artist, and even video director. His creativity, sets him apart from other artist. He has shared the stage with a few well known artist such as  Yo Gotti, Yelawolf, Big Krit, Young Buck, Pleasure P,  Soulja Boi, Rocko and and others. With over 100,000 twitter followers, 20,000 facebook friends, and  200,000 youtube views he has managed to gather a nice following for an unsigned artist.

His debut mixtape "MY LOVE HATE" schedule for release 02/25/12 via www.hotnewhiphop.com .

 
For more info on this artist, check out the following:






No comments:

Post a Comment