Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Tamar Shows Off Her Son + Confessions of Feeling Unattached After Giving Birth

Tamar Braxton-Herbert finally revealed pics of her son Logan Vincent Herbert! She released pictures of her and son along with husband, Vincent Herbert, best known as Lady Gaga's manager.


 

Tamar appeared on Good Morning America this morning where she also confessed that she didn't feel attached to her son right away.
I guess in a sense I did feel unattached because you know, I really, really wanted to connect with him because I wanted to breast-feed. And when he didn't latch on and when I couldn't produce milk I just felt like, ‘Is this the wrong child?’ You know what I mean? ‘Am I the wrong mother? ...I was questioning my motherhood...Like, is this a mistake that God made? Or like, is this something that I need to hand over to my husband because he and the baby connected instantly. And I wanted that. And I guess I was a little jealous, pretty much. Am I being really honest here? I guess I am.

Braxton-Herbert also mentioned that she did not change her Logan's diaper's the first week and a half he entered into the world. Her husband, Vincent Herbert, was the one on diaper duty. However those feelings of uncertainty didn't last too long.
"When he finally latched on I felt like he got me and I got him and this was all meant to be," Tamar says.

Tamar and LoganWhat she was going through is very common. Phycologist Stacey Kaiser had this to say:
The research says that 20 to 30 percent of moms feel this way.  And I actually think it’s higher. It’s just that most moms are too embarrassed to admit it.



 

Tamar Braxton-Herbert has been on the go these last couple of years. She has two reality tv shows on WEtv, Braxton Family Values and Tamar and Vince. She also has been working on her sophmore solo album as well as hosting talk show The Real along with four other co-host (Tamara Mowry-Housley, Lonnie Love, Adrienne Bailon, and Jeannie Mai).

Logan is such a cutie pie!

Check out the premiere episode for The Real below. This is the pilot season. If all goes well it will officially premiere nationally in the fall of 2014!

1 comment:

  1. […] son, Tamar feels much better and more confident about being a mom. A few weeks ago she talked about feeling unattached to her son Logan in the […]

    ReplyDelete